If you are bored with the look of your old kitchen, you can change how it looks by painting kitchen cabinets instead of buying the new ones which costs you much money. Here are some steps that you could do to paint your kitchen cabinets to look better:
- Make a Room Preparation. You will not want a mess happens to your kitchen or other room or your other stuffs when you are painting your kitchen cabinets. Empty the cabinets, relocate other tables or furnitures to another place. Tape the rosin paper over the countertops and flooring too. Tape plastic sheeting over the backlash, fixed appliances, windows, and also the interior doorways. Mask off the wall around your cabinets.
- Remove all of the cabinet’s parts such as drawers, shelves, doors. Remove all of the cabinet’s parts to make you are able to work on the body easily.
- Clean all of the surface. Before painting kitchen cabinets process is done, it is important to clean all of your cabinets surface to remove the dirts.
- Fill the holes and sand the cabinets. As you have installed something on your cabinets before, you might find some holes in your cabinets. Fill in those holes with polyester or auto body filler. After it dries, smooth them by using the sandpaper.
- Prime it. It is important to prime the cabinets first before applying the real paints. Start priming it from the top of the cabinet. You need to wait until it dries before you paint the cabinets, it is about a day. You can sand any profiled surfaces by using a medium-grit sanding sponge.
- Painting kitchen cabinets. When your cabinets have been prepared by doing some steps above, it is the right time to paint them. You can work from top to bottom by using a brush or mini roller. If you are using a brush, separate the paint you want to use with the paint container to prevent the paint contamination since the brush picks up dust. After it dries, applying the finish coats on it.